Subject: [Leica] Primate Exhibit
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 07:25:44 -0600

That elevates it over a sunset, where as my friend Lyle Bonge used to say,
"God did a nice job on that shot."

My comment reflects that even the composition is controlled by the exhibit
designer, as you can look at it with limited access points; only where he
wants you to look.

By the way, it helped the image to keep the skylight in frame.

I still like it even after you divulged the setup; I thought it was lucky
timing on the flash.  I'll have to remember that flashlight trick.  ;-)

from my iPad

Sonny Carter

> On Feb 23, 2015, at 7:10 AM, Leowesson <leowesson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sonny,
>
> I have to confess, I set the shot up.  I sent the kids down to the window
> with my iPhone and told them to shine the flashlight on each other.  The
> shot needed something and that was my attempt to resolve the problem.
>

> Leo Wesson
> leowesson.com
>
>> On Feb 23, 2015, at 06:48, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I like it; love the textures and composition.  I know this is a weird
>> comparison, but the image strikes me something like a good sunset shot.
>> That is that about the only things the photographer can take credit for
>> is the moment he chose to snap the picture and the image exposure.
>>
>> The picture would be pretty much a zoo shot if the apes on the right were
>> standing and evident, and the primates in the window just looking,
>> instead of deciding on the same moment as Leo to fire their flash camera.
>>
>> My guess is Leo's image is far better than the other photographer's.
>>
>> I wish I had a larger monitor to see this, but I'm home as we're awaiting
>> winter weather including ice, snow and freezing rain in Natchitoches.
>>
>> I'd rather be at a nice warm zoo.
>>
>> from my iPad
>>
>> Sonny Carter
>>
>>> On Feb 22, 2015, at 8:58 PM, Leo Wesson <leowesson at gmail.com> wrote: