Subject: [Leica] A short note from Boston
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 16:07:55 -0800

Jim Hemenway OFFERED:

While not as much snow fell in here February as in other far snowier
places in the world,
greater Boston received an unusual amount in four weekends of major storms.

The following were shot on the outskirts rather than in downtown
Boston... too much gridlock for me there.

Fort Revere in Hull Massachusetts, looking east:
http://www.hemenway.com/February2015/Hull.jpg

My front yard in Winchester:
http://www.hemenway.com/February2015/FrontYard.jpg

A frozen mill canal in Lowell;
http://www.hemenway.com/February2015/Feb20-2015-FrozenMillCanal.jpg

Even some of the seawater areas froze over, Quincy Bay:
http://www.hemenway.com/February2015/QuincyBay.jpg

Jim "Fifty shades of BLUE," Hemenway
====

Hi Jim,
Quite an amazing bit of snow!  A photo series such as this makes me enjoy
our  mild and  snowless winter even more so on the west coast of Canada on "
BIG VANCOUVER ISLAND in the Pacific!" We have had but one tiny bit of snow
that all melted within about an hour back to green grass.

Today I heard power lawn mowers and not power snow blowers! What a blessing
that was as I sat on the back deck eating my lunch! :-)

Sorry I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but dang it was so nice with the
sun's warming rays!

cheers smilingly, :-) :-)
ted :-)