Subject: [Leica] Prints are way too dark. Driven to distraction
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 18:43:00 -0800

Viewing via web and printing are two completely different animals. I live
by my histogram when shooting. I can recover black much more easily than
whites. This shot from the recent trip to Big Sur has an amazing dynamic
range (click the image for a larger view):
http://www.robertadlerphotography.com/p463316036/h1f8277d1#h1f8277d1
I don't miss Velvia AT ALL!!

Printing is a whole different set of horses. Less color to play with and
highly dependent on the "white" values of the paper.