Subject: [Leica] Prints are way too dark. Driven to distraction
From: leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 21:10:33 -0600

Hi Bob,

I'm no expert and there are a million ways to screw this up...and I'm not a
user of Eizo equipment (yet) and I haven't used an I1 in awhile but....
You have to have a good monitor to begin with.
You have to make sure that the monitor is set to the default profile before
you callibrate.  Choose the native white point for your monitor.
You have to make sure that your imaging software/hardware supports the
version of profile that your profiler creates.  This one tripped me up a
lot in the past...Version 4 or Version 2
Make sure that your photo software is set to use your monitor profile.
Soft proof with your paper profile for your printer that came from the
paper manufacturer. Or use the profile that your make of  your paper to
match your monitor.
When you print you have to make sure that you aren't double profiling in
your photo software and your print driver. It  is easy to screw up here.
Make sure that you use your paper settings correctly.
Your prints ought to be close.

Your monitor profile lets your know what your images should look like.
Your printer/paper profile tells the printer how to get there.

If you do all this, you should be close.  If it didn't work, there is
something wrong with either the way you did it or something wrong with your
equipment.

Changing your monitor to match the print output is not the way to go.  It
screws up your baseline.
That said, if it works for you, good.  But it doesn't work for me.

Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer
817.733.9157
www.leowesson.com