Subject: [Leica] Lens hood won't stay on
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 22:39:49 -0500

I thought of a tiny piece of Scotch brand double stick cellophane tape on
the inside of the shade and or hood and or neither and or both.

My magnifying hood comes in handy. I got it for spotting prints way back.
It always helps being able to see. And to see even better than a problem
requires.
Also what makes it way easy for me now to fix stuff and check stuff out is
an LED desk lamp which I think always gets called a jewelers lamp or postal
lamp. Its a way bright a point source and is only 5 watts. That's like a
night light.  But is as bright I think as a 100 watt normal tungsten bulb.
Without the heat. With it I can see I'm leaving home with glass which is not
all that clean as I thought. Especially real elements which are recessed a
bit and small and dark.
The bottom line is to not be using ones imagination to guess what's going
on; but be able to really see it. Its a huge help. Indispensible really.
Next lifetime I'll make sure to get set up for this earlier.

On 3/3/15 5:49 PM, "Ken Carney" <kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:

> I asked our local camera shop and they suggested Super Glue or duct
tape.  I
> get that answer for a lot of problems here (Oklahoma). Really
excellent
> images on your site.

Ken