Subject: [Leica] URL: WSJ on Leica
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 18:59:06 +0000

When it was released the competitors were Hasselblad and Mamiya/PhaseOne -
neither are that big a company. The cost of ownership was similar across all
three, the S may have been cheaper but with more expensive lenses. It is
only since then that the Pentax 645D/Z has been released at a lower cost but
the lenses are not in the same league. The S lens range has been expanded
far quicker than the Hasselblad H range was and AFAIK the Leica lenses are
better in each equivalent focal length....

john