Subject: [Leica] Some say Hasselblad must only be used on tripod...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:57:39 -0400

I agree for the most part George. The little button on the left side of the
Hasselblad CM which pre flips the mirror up can be a big comfort in
situations where you feel that's going to be an issue. I went through phases
where I did that a lot.  And hand held with the camera pressed against my
chest so it would not move after it was pre flipped.  As once flipped you
were flying blind. I used the camera intensively for 33.3 years and I never
felt the mirror slap and noise in the CM nor ELM to be the hindrance or
design flaw as its touted to be on this thing called the internet. I never
felt like I was in a situation where my Rolleiflex would be giving me a
better shot. And they'd both had the same lens for all practical purposes a
Zeiss Planar 2.8 and had the same weight and bulk.