Subject: [Leica] Some say Hasselblad must only be used on tripod...
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:36:25 -0500

On Mar 17, 2015, at 6:25 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> I do think a photographer using a Hasselblad shooting a wedding is
> ubiquitous. Expected.
> In the late '90's when the digital thing hit the used cases in the camera
> stores were flooded with used Hassy gear selling for a song most of which
> came from wedding photographers going digital. I got all kinds of cool
> stuff
> then. Old finders which were much more compact as there was no Polaroid
> back
> to bend around. Zeiss glass selling for peanuts. Odd format backs like
> A16s's which were superslide backs. You name it.
> Almost all from wedding photographers who looked upon their Hassys as cash
> machines. I'm sure a few were good.

absolutely wonderful wedding machines
especially for the after ceremony group shots
and the reception stuff

candids before the ceremony
and most especially
during the ceremony
not so much

not for me anyway

it really just comes down to to comfort levels
photographer with their gear
clients with the photographer
ministers, rabbis, priests' personal rules
et al

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com