Subject: [Leica] I got published in Sky & Telescope magazine, but...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:09:19 -0400

Maybe you know the answer why when I didn't stop down the moon was not very
sharp at all. I think I was shooting at f8 too. Both times. So an expensive
very fast tele would have not done it. You'd still be needing to stop down.
But if one was shooting with an ideal for  moon shooting 100omm lens you'd
not be stopping down more than a stop or two.