Subject: [Leica] Success in Separating Adapters
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:10:19 -0700

This can also be done with silicone pot holders, rubber bottle openers, etc.
Place pad on table, put stuck items face down on pad, turn.  Should work
fine.

An even older trick was to use 2 elastic bands.... big ones.... place one
around each of the 2 parts to separate, around each part with a big loop on
the outside, tighten, turn one relative to the other, and that sometimes
works even better, especially for this items like filters that are stuck
together.....

What does not work is trying to grab one relative to the other and
turning.... but you learn that one rather quickly.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I have had a Voigtlander LTM/M adapter stuck in another adapter for about a
year.  Finally, today, I decided to separate the two pieces.  I tore off
about 6 or 7 inches of duct tape and folded them, sticky side out, to make
loop.  I stuck one side to my work bench and placed the Voigtlander adapter
against the sticky surface.  With a strong twist, they separated.  No
scratches or tool marks on either piece!

I thought this might be useful to someone else.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Success in Separating Adapters)