Subject: [Leica] Famous Man, Florence, Italy, 2014
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Lykes Keenan)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 11:09:04 -0500

>Phew! Amazing on so many levels Dave !
>
>The guy looks like Santa in the US vision of the bearded Disneyed
>German Santa.
>
>In addition you get a sort of mise en ab?me effect* that I find, is
>absolutely incredibly powerful - get two and pay for one ;-)
>
>And as a native and speaker of the language I think that "Le Figaro"
>quote comes as the most hilarious and surrealistic* point I've seen in
>ages on the LUG
>
>CONCLUSION?
>
>Terrific, double or triple RRR

Philippe --

I've been told that the man in the photograph is Chef "Picchi" Cibreo. He's
well known for something -- the thing that's in the jar he's holding up in
the video playing behind him, I think.

Something you wrote, "mise en ab?me effect*, got lost in translation.
Please try again.

As an English speaker only, please explain how "Le Figaro" strikes your
funny bone.
.
Dave.

--