Subject: [Leica] Grasshopper weathervane
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:40:54 -0400

        I received numerous off list messages about my comments on the
relationship of art and photography. Some agree, some disagree. But many are
interested in the antique weathervane I have attached to my chimney. Here is
a picture of the copper grasshopper with a detailed photo appended. Please
excuse the trees in the background. The sun was too bright to open the lens
enough to get them out of focus. At least they weren't covered with snow.
        "For the last 50 years I have had a grasshopper weathervane fastened
to the chimney of my house. It is a beautifully crafted sculpture of
hammered copper made by the descendants of the very craftsmen who made the
similar weathervane that adorns Faneuil Hall in Boston. If polished and
exhibited as art it would be accepted by almost any art show but as a
weathervane it has a function. It is not considered art but craft."
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Weathervane+and+detail.jpg.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Grasshopper weathervane)