Subject: [Leica] more info on Leica M9 & third party batteries
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:59:48 -0700

Yes, but you're in luck. Good Friday is the only Friday when such batteries
may be offered for sale. If they're dead, they'll rise again on Sunday.

On a (slightly) more serious note: I have about 8 or 10 non-Leica batteries
for the pre-M M's, which cost me about $10-15 a number of years ago. Most
give me about 75% of the number of shots that my most recent 'real' battery
gives me, but then most have had quite a few cycles. I've never experienced
the problems that Kyle has. They show a full charge at the start, then just
go flat quicker. These 3rd party batteries are of 3 different types, or are
labelled 3 different ways. All behave the same. So far I've had one Leica
and 2 3rd party batteries go completely dead. The total amount I've paid for
all the 3rd party batteries is the same as one Leica battery costs.

Henning

ps: I'm now out of here; off to Spain for 3 weeks to see Lluis and Nathan
among other things. Be good.