Subject: [Leica] For Sale: pristine Nocti .95
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 16:47:38 -0400

Wow Bob! "Digitally precise!" Sounds like a pejorative! I can look it up but
I have a feeling I'm not going to find it!
As in  what you get when you get a lens with cutting edge modern glass and
modern coatings and modern lens design?
And as if anyone ever could tell a digital photo from an analog photo.
A digital photo has no soul!!!
You get that well known hated "digital" look instead of the revered "analog"
look. Which most people just chalk up to smoother bokeh and lower contrast.
And my god a lens with measurable micro contrast is probably a very bad
thing. Steals the soul!
We should be shooting tri x with single coated glass and making a real
photograph.
Bad equals good.
A premise which shoots the hell out of any intelligent conversation you're
ever going to try have about the materials  and practice of photography.