Subject: [Leica] Screw the Nocti...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 14:28:12 -0400

My post was:
"Magnum  Photographer Martine Franck used only the pre asph 28mm. It never
came off her camera. Just like her Hubby HCB pretty much only used one lens
in his case a 50mm.
She's had nine books published of her work. By real publishing houses with
their money.
She died three years ago."

Not
"
> Martine Franck used  only the pre asph 28mm. It never came off her
camera
"

Just like any other photographer who was not an idiot Herni Cartier Bresson
also owned and used 35mm and 90mm glass too especially on a paying job but
he was known for his almost exclusive use of a 50 for for a long while it
was a Zeiss 50 which came with his M3.
A photographer friend of mine in 2006 had just gotten back from Europe and
had lunch with Martine Franck. She told him her the lens on her camera
sitting right there never came off her camera and she had used it for years.
It was the year the much improved 28 Elmarit F2.8 ASPH came out and I may
have expressed surprise that she'd not moved up to that.  And I can't recall
if he discussed that with her. This lens she had fallen in love with was the
pervious version a non asph 28 Elmarit F2.8 Type 4 (8 element 7 groups ).
This lens came out in 1992. So before that lens came out she had at least 50
years of shooting with other lenes. I have no idea of she only shot 28s
before then or not. I only got the impression she had fallen into the use of
that later version of the 28 and became known for it. If I had to guess I'd
think she was in possession after 50 years of photography of more than a
dozen lenses. When she happened to have fallen into her love of the 28mm
focal length I'm not able to discover. It doesn't come up in a search.

On 4/8/15 10:05 AM, "George Lottermoser" <george.imagist at icloud.com>
wrote:

> Except there's all those photographs of her with other lenses on her Leicas
> over the years?

Though she may have had the 28 on another body in the bag or
> pocket during those times?

a note off the iPad, George

On Apr 7, 2015, at