Subject: [Leica] IMG: Found in Camera
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:21:41 -0500

A few days ago, I noticed that my Bessa R2a had a roll of BW400CN in it,
from some time ago.  I got it processed by a local lab and checked out
the images.

Tullahoma owes its existence to the railroad connecting Nashville and
Chattanooga.  Though the depot is closed now, it once did a bustling
business.  During the Civil War, there was a field hospital here, and a
local cemetery contains the remains from both sides. The railroad and
depot divide Atlantic Street into parallel two-way streets, making it
one of the widest streets in the US, according to local postcards.
There is still a branch line coming into the main tracks, along with
sidings, so switching is a common hindrance to cross-town traffic.

The switches are set manually:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Switching+7.jpg.html

Four-locomotive teams are not uncommon:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/The+Engines+9.jpg.html

The final image is from the airport, where, on some forgotten visit, I
spied a Piper Tripacer in the same paint scheme as the one I flew for a
number of years.  I had to grab an image:
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Tripacer+10.jpg.html

I'm not sure what lenses were in use when these images were made.

C & C welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA