Subject: [Leica] IMG: One More from Film Found in in R2a
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:17:37 +0100

Lovely shot of a wonderful plane. Was it taken at Tullahoma? My parents flew
to the UK in one for their honeymoon back in 1947, and my mother was so
airsick that she didn't fly again for another sixty years!

Mind you, flying was not the done thing in her family as her brother - a
student pilot in the Irish Air Corps - had killed himself in a Miles
Magister by not giving himself enough space when doing a loop the loop. The
plane's left wing clipped the branch of a tree and that was it.

The next time, she flew on an Airbus/Boeing and was so blown away by the
experience that she couldn't wait to go on another trip

Douglas