Subject: [Leica] PESO: a call for help
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 10:34:13 -0700

> On Apr 4, 2015, at 10:24 AM, Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
> wrote:
>
> I do not usually ask for your help in editing photos?I consider that it is
> up to me decide what to post and up to you to decide whether I have posted
> pearls or garbage. But for once I am in genuine doubt. I am selecting
> pictures from Semana Santa to make a small gallery. The processions
> culminate tomorrow, so I will likely go downtown during the day to
> document the meeting of the Virgin and the resurrected Jesus in front of
> Alicante?s city hall that marks the end of Easter here. Right now, I am
> editing the pictures from last night, and what I cannot decide is whether
> to present them in B&W or color. On the one hand, the colors are an
> integral part of the events; but then again, presenting the images in B&W
> changes the mood to something more menacing, for example in the PAD I
> posted earlier today.
>
> Here is an example of an image in color:
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/Viernes_santo_color.jpg.html
>
> and the same image in B&W:
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/Viernes_santo_bw.jpg.html
>
> Which one do you prefer, and why?
>
> I would like to have the entire gallery in color or in B&W.

thanks Nathan, a good summary of the issues above, and I agree.

I do believe that one ought to know, in advance, whether the photos one is
about to make are to be in color or bw.  Normally with  this celebration in
Spain my choice would be bw, and that will certainly apply to the photos you
will make later. In the case of this image ..it is different from the usual,
color seems best here, so maybe your gallery will have both. C?est la vie.