Subject: [Leica] : lots of Nocti .95 for sale
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 00:44:12 -0400

A Noct is specially designed, Richard to shoot at night.
It corrects coma at the expense of resolution. At least that was the case
with the f1. And  a score of other odd considerations which you'd need to be
quite fluent in optical terminology to comprehend. And I'm not saying I am..
Its not really all about shooting at high noon with a natural density filter
and extra slow film or sensor speed. It works out ok but its not what it was
designed to do.
As I said I used it spurning all other glass  for a year. Which was 2001.
I used dark red or green filters instead of neutral density because I like
what they can do to an image. That fact that I am a night person and shoot
mainly street shots at night helps. Though now with digital in NY I shoot a
lot more night photography and I don't get to use the Noctilux.
But I do get to use a 28 1.4  and call it my Widelux. Or my now 35mm 1.8.
And it lights up any dark alley.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer