Subject: [Leica] IMG: Semana Santa in Alicante
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 16:23:04 +0200

Thanks again to those on both lists who gave me advice about my B&W/colour
choice. In the end, as you will see, I decided to treat each image on its
merits and so I ended up with a mixed gallery.

I went out to have a look twice: on Friday night and on Sunday afternoon.
The Friday processions have a more somber tone since they are about the
crucifixion. The Sunday processions are more joyous. I actually arrived at
the centre too late on Sunday to see the main part of the procession, but I
ended up seeing something I have not witnessed before, namely the aftermath.
A selection of 27 images is here:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Semana-Santa-2015/

The irony of it all: I am an atheist Jew and I go to see the processions
every year; my Catholic wife never goes. She hates crowds. I, on the other
hand, like them since they provide photo opportunities.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain