Subject: [Leica] Lens Choices - Final Installment
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:43:24 -0500

Thanks for the kind words, George.

I did almost no post-processing of those images.  I attributed the
graying to one of two things.  I was shooting through and very close to
a chain link backstop.  In moving around to frame the image, I'm certain
that, at times, there could have been a wire in front of the lens.  My
experience has been that the wire fence can cause gray areas like that.
Also, the sun was getting low in the sky to my left, and I had no hood
on the lens.  If the sun struck the front of the lens, there could have
been flare.  Whatever, it really didn't bother me too much.  I primarily
wanted the images to send to parents and grandparents who, because of
all of the kids involved, were involved in three ball games on the same
evening.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA