Subject: [Leica] Don't Trust Everything You Read On The Internet, or: 2 Myths of the Biogon Lens
From: weiljr at earthlink.net (weiljr)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:34:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Just out of curiosity with respect to medium format super wides; Kowa had a
rectilinear 35mm lens (98 degrees) for their Six/Super 66 cameras.
This is 3 mm wider than the 38 Biogon that Hassy put out and should appeal
to those people who really like wide angle lenses.

That said, there almost no information about 35mm Kowa on the web and it
does not appear to have sold that much when it was around.
Was it because it was a poor performer or was it because Kowa was such a
small player in still photography?

I know Jim Shulman shot with a Kowa (not sure about the 35mm lens) and
posted images on this list but then put it for sale on the LUG a while back.

Thanks
Joe