Subject: [Leica] The Wait
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 07:18:27 +0000 (UTC)

It is a big change.When I first started traveling to Formula 1 races as a
team member in 1976 we never used a telephone, none were available anywhere
near the garage (probably just in the press office) and anyway the prices of
a phone call were budget bustingly high.By the time I stopped at the end of
the 2009 season the chief mechanic may well phone the team manager several
times per day even when they were only 100 yards apart, incurring two
international phone charges. Just as well the income became so much more.My
iPhone is no better, in fact probably worse, as a phone than the original
one, but my what a lot of other things it can do (though I would rather it
was still the better phone).
The mobile phone has completely changed personal interaction hasn't it? Any
photograph in town will have several people in it referring to a miniature
screen just in front of their face. Something I would never have expected.
Frank D

     On Sunday, 3 May 2015, 1:49, Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollphotography at