Subject: [Leica] Street Photography: a meme created on the internet
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 19:38:21 -0400

Thanks George you may just have underestimated me as I'm fully capable of
Google/Binging "Street photography" all by my self and certainly you'd think
would have done so. I am aware it is  a buzzword which has fully and
saturated itself into the current vernacular. That is very much my issue
with it.

Photographers were long photographing the human condition before this
Neologism kicked in which trendy people started using and ascribing the
whole thing to these old timers who got along fine with the old tired terms
like documentary photography and candid photography and news photography and
photojournalism and people who took a tour of the neighborhood with the
cameras taking pictures of every thing and every body who didn't need any
trendy labels telling them what they were doing.