Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Man in the Leather Jacket
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 02:52:45 +0100

Never seen this one before Gerry. Good expression. He has that look of a man
who has just looked at his reflection in a shop window and realised that his
youth has disappeared down the road with his motorbike...

I used to have a leather jacket kept in a wardrobe from my svelter youthful
motorcycling days, but I gave it to my eldest son when he was about twenty.
He looked a lot better in it than I did at the time. Still wouldn't maind
getting a bike again, but if I did, I'd need a bigger jacket!

Douglas
Staying up later than normal listening to the UK election results. On second
thoughts, the man in your photograph also reminds me of the look tonight on
the faces of defeated Labour candidates in Scotland.
Politics is indeed a blood sport. What was it that famous politician said
after his defeat? "The people have spoken, damn them!"