Subject: [Leica] lightroom questions
From: garymarklund at gmail.com (Gary Marklund)
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 09:29:55 -0700

Hi Steve,

Here are a few answers for you.

1. The images on LR are stored where you tell LR to store them. I use about
4 or 5 different hard disks for mine. You can keep your original  images
straight from the camera in one area, your cataloged images in another and
your "second copy" images in another. I'm quite sure you specify this in
the Catalog. Also you can make different places to store your images in
Import Presets. For instance you can have a separate preset of your Leica
and your Sony A7, etc.l

2. Yes, there is a navigation panel on the left side of the screen that
shows you drive and directory structure for all your LR files.

3. See the information on the use of Collections

4. There are several options. You could start with Collections. You can
mark images with priority or color tags. You can filter your grouping by
using these. Also don't overlook the use of custom file names. There is an
entire section on preparing images for a book.

I would also look into one of Scott Kelby's books. He is a great source for
LR information.

Gary