Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMGS: Baracoa, + Banding?
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:52:46 -0700

Tina, there are various theories / reasons why it can happen.

"Leica noted that a brightened photo at base-ISO can occasionally show
banding in shadows."

"Shooting in continuous mode, the first image is almost always clean and
the remaining images are 30% - 90% banded."

"At iso 640 the banding still occurs if not allowing time for the buffer
to clear."

"Some newer SD cards show more banding than older low capacity slower cards"

Lots of bloviating about it here:https://tinyurl.com/ol9gl3g

Jay