Subject: [Leica] OMG - about that new Monochrom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 13:31:23 -0400

The coolest thing I've ever seen in my whole life bar none.

Yet I was perplexed they didn't tell us about theses cine Leica lenes in he
gorgeous pic I knew they existed but I'd easy to forget about them became
you don't see them anywhere much at all. I was hard pressed to internet
search them because there was no name anywhere as to what these lenes were
called.
So I did one for " Leica PL mount cine lenses" and at the top of the list
got the B&H thing these guys just happened to have been my main suppler all
this time and its within walking distance of me now. So I have no problem
looking at that one the rest seemed to be rentals.
So what comes up is " Leica Summicron-C T2.0 Lens Set (6 Lenses) with Case "
And the price today only for me only is with case is
$101,450.00

Making it the most expensive camera gear thing I've ever heard of in my
whole life. Will they let you buy one lens?
I noticed in most cases these people just rent them. movie guys.
I want to be a movie guy! And have $101,450.00 burning a hole in my back
pocket.

18, 25, 35, 50, 75, 100mm Focal Lengths
Covers RED Epic Dragon Sensor in 6K Mode

Which is FF full frame as I understand it in the below (24x36mm)
http://www.red.com/tools/crop-factor

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1029162-REG/leica_lei_sumc_set_cs_summ
icron_t2_0_lens_set.html

Or

http://tinyurl.com/npmv3nf

By the way $101,450 / 6  = $16,908.33 a lens.
Its sounding cheaper every minute.