Subject: [Leica] OMG - about that new Monochrom
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 13:31:24 -0500

On May 12, 2015, at 12:42 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> I'm sure there will be a market for these lenses but I have absolutely no
> interest in video.  I am still a believer in the power of the still image.
> It's depressing to me that so many photographers have switched to video
> instead.  Whenever I click on a photo link on the computer and a video pops
> up, I exit as quickly as possible.
>
> Curmudgeon Tina
>

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM, George Lottermoser <
> george.imagist at icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> <http://cw-sonderoptic.com/m-pl-mount/>

I, on the other hand, love both still photography and cinematography.
They both have magical powers to tell stories
in ways that words alone cannot.

The idea that an M or MM Leica can produce both impeccable stills
and remarkable motion pictures
and one can hold it in the palm of one's hand
instead of an old Panavision, or Arriflex, or Mitchell, or ?

simply gives a lover photo and cinema story telling chills and goosebumps.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog