Subject: [Leica] LR6 Standalone Bought and Returned
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 11:34:46 -0400

After upgrading I was surprised to discover that LR6 Standalone was
continuously trying to connect to a server, presumably at Adobe, even though
I had disabled data sharing in my Adobe account.  I run Lightroom on a
machine that is almost always off line.

A Google search got me to a few pro photographer forums all of which seemed
mystified by this behavior and some on these forums said performance
suffered if you weren?t on line.

This has nothing to do with Mobile Me.  I don?t have a subscription to it
and it was  disabled in LR 6 Preferences in any case.

If you are always on-line you would never notice these connection attempts.
I suppose Adobe is to be credited with flagging the fact the LR6 was
attempting to connect while I was off-line but, still, the whole business
seems a bit sneaky to me.

So, I decided to revert to LR5.  I can live without photo stitching in LR
until we all understand more about what Adobe is doing.

Just wanted to mention this in case you hadn?t noticed it.

Best,

Dick