Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Beginning
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 14:04:10 -0500

Thanks for the kind words, Al.  I had a IIIa with a 50/3.5 Coated Elmar,
which, though limited by today's standards, gave me a lot more
flexibility in choosing what images I could capture.  With the Brownie,
it was a single shutter speed and aperture unless I wanted to spend
money on flash bulbs.  As the kids came along, I often used the
Leica/New York flash modification to the IIIa to capture indoor shots,
but outdoors, the Leica shutter and Elmar made most pictures come out
ok.  The Elmar was sharp, and the shutter made it easy to hand-hold the
camera down to 1/4 second, and it went up to 1/1000.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA