Subject: [Leica] I'm still here!
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:53:54 -0700

Oh Ted! I?m dying to meet you. Yet, travel is getting tricky. Besides being
totally beholden to two cats?there are a number of other partially idiotic
reasons we haven?t traveled for a few years. First, I?m a bit of an asshole,
and I got so pissed off at airport security theater that I decided one day
that if I couldn?t drive there, I?d not go there. Part of it is a temper,
and I figured it was only a matter of time before I?d lose my cool and say
things that could get me arrested. Especially when the bastards x-rayed film
when FAA regs said you had the right to demand hand inspection.

Now my wife is losing her sight?she?s only three years younger than me and I
was 93 last week. So, a long car trip now means I do all the driving, which
I?m happy to do, but I?m not sure I can talk her into it. I?d  Love to visit
Seattle  and then to north to Vancouver, BC.

So, you have my sympathy. When I get physically down, I get bloody
depressed, and it occurs periodically whenever my red blood count goes down
(anemia-fought by a drug injection). And, if I lose Lee, it will be
relatively catastrophic, because I never learned to cook.

I forgot the name of the Scotch you and others brag about. I must buy a
bottle and see what all the shouting is about. I remember it begins with ?L?
but that doesn?t make the name unique.

Cheers,

Herb

Herbert Kanner