Subject: [Leica] OT: Mac OS Upgrades
From: leesonpj at gmail.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:38:56 -0500

Yes, SSD is solid state drive; Apple uses them in most MacBooks nowadays.

Sometimes, in desktop models, a smallish SSD is combined with a large
standard optical hard drive and is known as a Fusion drive.

There is a concern about how a SSD manages old garbage files, TRIM is
supposed to clean things up better than the OEM guys do.
FWIW, Apple says you don?t need it, and OWC, a maker of aftermarket SSDs
also says you don?t need it.
It would be something a geek would have to install after the fact, so not an
issue for most folks.

Phil