Subject: [Leica] Magazines stealing photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:39:46 -0700

Hi Kyle,
Well I have no doubt whatsoever I've been ripped off by publications or
agencies who today expect every photo for free due to the absolute flood of
IPHONE USER's!
NOT REAL PHOTOGRAPHER'S!!

WHO GIVE THEIR "EXPOSURES AWAY FOR NOTHING OR POSSIBLY A FREEBIE CREDIT
LINE?" Of which obviously they don't get either at times!

I have only one thing regarding your situation. Let them know in no
uncertain terms you have had words with your lawyer/legal firm about their
illegal use without payment nor credit-line. And suggest they might alert
their legal firm! However?

You are also open for discussion regarding fee or some form of credit or
compensation for use of the photo. Money of course is always best!

WHY? Well you aren't operating a benevolent society!! It's your livelihood
no different than they receiving their pay cheque! And to those on the LUG
who have never made their living, certainly through their own independent
photo company? Find this attitude is a bit much?? Don't bother replying!
Unless you have a much better solution to my post? thank you.
cheers,
Dr. Ted

The technology advancements abd destructions of photog positionns