Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mercury II
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:54:55 -0500

Hi Ric,

There used to be a lot of them around.  Mechanically and optically, mine
is fine.  Oxidation has taken its toll on the aluminum over the years.

Speaking of oxidation, at one time I was given an early Konica
rangefinder that was taken from an abandoned seabag that some sailor
left along the roadside in Mississippi, and was picked up by the MHP.
Exposure to salt air had really done a number on the body, but the
rangefinder optics were MUCH better than my LTM Leica.  I shot a few
rolls with it, and was impressed with Konica, despite the camera's
condition.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA