Subject: [Leica] IMG: Mercury II (& Konica)
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 10:53:47 -0500

Hi Alan,

My Konica was a Konica I, from the late 1940s.  Even then, the optics
were great.  Yours sounds like a very nice camera for daily use.

Speaking of old-time cameras, the real treasure that I picked up was a
little Exa, baby brother of the Exakta.  I was using an Exakta until the
shutter mechanism died, and had a few lenses.  I found the Exa in a pawn
shop.  The shutter speeds were limited, because of its rotating prism
shutter, but it took the standard Exakta lenses and had x-synch for a
small strobe unit.  I used it for a number of years for family photos,
and, when I switched to digital and put it away, it was still
functioning fine.  Oh yes, it also took the standard Exakta viewfinders,
of which I have several, both eye-level and waist-level.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA