Subject: [Leica] Possible M8 purchase - HELP!
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:52:40 +0200

Gerry,

Be sure of the sensor condition! Ask if the sensor has been repaired and/or
about warranty that your seller give you.

All the sensors of M8, M9, MM will have a problem of oxydation, mine of M8
and M9 was replaced, for this reason Leica has replaced the CCD sensors by
CMOS.

Beside this, the M8 is a great camera, B&W was really superb and I liked
better the color from the M8, more likely the old Kodakchrome than the M9 or
the M240.

Remember use UV/IR filters for color

I?ve never test it, but I think that the Biogon 28mm is a great lens, it
will do a great combo with the M8, it is about a 35mm equivalent

Good luck my friend!

Cheers
Lluis

El 10/07/2015, a les 11.12, Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at icloud.com> va