Subject: [Leica] (Leica) Barnack Award
From: gcr910 at gmail.com (Greg Rubenstein)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 07:53:42 -0500

When reading about fine-art photography, it seems there's an inverse
relationship between the amount of bloviation used to describe images and
the quality of the images.

For example:

<< Her snapshot-like images speak of the truth of an undisguised moment. >>

Maybe her photos are sharper than the party pics we shot of friends and
family with our first Kodak Brownies or Instamatics, but phrases such as
that give us an undisguised look at the truth of many moments in the
fine-art photo world.

Greg Rubenstein

Sent from my iPhone.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] (Leica) Barnack Award)