Subject: [Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 10:32:32 -0700

Sonny Carter  OFFERED:
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] Barnack Award 2015 - Public Award - it looks like Leica
photography

>>> This whole thread sounds like a bunch of jealous old farts who own too
much gear and post too few pictures.<<<<<<<<

Hi Sonny,
Not the least bit jealous and I'd give her a 100 points out of 100 for
standing in the rain. (if she were in the rain?) And I suppose brownie
points for her concept! Despite the potential danger to the riders in the
dark and the flash creating a momentary blink of "blindness!"

My negativism is at the judges for the BARNACK award presentation as a
winning subject. Regardless of her efforts.

Surely there were/was far more interesting subjects than a bunch of
"FLASH-BANG PHOTOS IN THE RAIN?" Alright yes she is a beginner? And I bet in
a few years down the line she to will look back at his moment and realize
how lucky she was in receiving the award.

However what can happen here is giving her an award as highly ranked as this
is. "It could give her a false sense of hope and how good it makes her feel
thinking she is?" Totally unfair at too early a stage, then being shot down
in flames in the next competition! OR? Potentially blowing an assignment she
really doesn't have the experience to carry out properly and she blows the
shoot? "You sink into a hole of despair!"

And for me having too much gear, certainly these days?  How about an M8, 3
lenses, a beat up amateur 10 year old SLR Canon! Oh yeah and one little zoom
lens for it!

cheers,
Ted
TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM