Subject: [Leica] "new" equipment
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 08:35:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I expect I'll have suitable test subjects for the 280 APO on the a7II next
week when I'm camping with the grandkids.  My comments about the Canon 500
L's color quality are derived from a few weeks using the lens with adapters
on the R8/DMR.  Many people don't see a difference.  I do.  Based on past
experience it's something I expected from a Canon lens; I started this
thread primarily to solicit suggestions for better color quality from this
lens.  The equipment choice is not in question IMHO.

Before buying the 500 L I evaluated a number of lenses from several makers.
The top candidate among Nikon lenses was the 500P, which eventually was
eliminated because

it weighs more than the 500 L
it costs twice as much as the 500 L
it shows magenta/green fringes in OOF high-contrast objects and the 500 L
does not
the focus and aperture rings turn the opposite direction vs. R lenses

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
http://doug-herr.fineartamerica.com