Subject: [Leica] Viewfinder problem
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 23:29:17 -0700

Gerry:  How much you see of the viewfinder is a very individual thing--your
eye's lens, the shape of your nose and eye socket, and whether you wear
glasses or not all affect it.  I can only see the 50mm frame with glasses.
Without them, I can see the 35mm frame, but not the 28. Fortunately, I
don't use 28mm much. What helps is to have a diopter that matches your
eye.  I now use a +0.5 diopter.  I went to my eye doctor with my Leica, and
looked through the viewfinder using several different trail lenses,
focusing on something about 6 ft/2m away. It was very clear which one was
best.

I now use my glasses with the 50 (and they are bifocals, so I can see the
controls and menus with them).  For the 35, I have to either move my eye
around a bit, or I put my glasses on a neck cord and take them off my face
when I use the 35mm.  One of those compromises I've learned to live with as
my vintage ripens :-)

--Peter