Subject: [Leica] I NEED YOUR EXPERTISE- (CORRECTED VERSION)
From: vroger at gmail.com (Roger Rubin)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:54:56 -0400

The image was made with a Leica Typ 109 using RAW + JPEG. The base image
size before post-processing was 24X14 inches (Photo Shop Elements)- micro
4/3.-3.81 MB in size

*https://v-images.smugmug.com/Other/PR-PARADE-GIRL/50867934_QVgb9M#!i=4231526640&k=wTLznJJ&lb=1&s=X2
<https://v-images.smugmug.com/Other/PR-PARADE-GIRL/50867934_QVgb9M#!i=4231526640&k=wTLznJJ&lb=1&s=X2>.*

When put the image through Lightroom the image color was revealed and I
decided to see what Micro 4/3 (16 mp effective 12mp) would allow me to do.

I cropped the image severely, put the image through post processing using 2
of my regular post processing programs which I use for portraits, and had a
resulting  tiny "image sized" imageperhaps no more than 4X5 inches.

*I then went through my tedious but normal **routine of re-sizing at 10
percent at a time until the image was sized: 25X21 inches. * I was pleased
with the resulting 8.5 X11 print.

*https://v-images.smugmug.com/Other/PR-PARADE-GIRL/50867934_QVgb9M#!i=4229941907&k=cZpFdNz&lb=1&s=X2
<https://v-images.smugmug.com/Other/PR-PARADE-GIRL/50867934_QVgb9M#!i=4229941907&k=cZpFdNz&lb=1&s=X2>*

When looking at the "properties" ,however, the image comes in at* 608KB*.
What I want to know is:

How does the size of 608KB affect the blowing up of the image?  1. The
image can clearly be blown up to much larger than 8.5X11 (I've done this
with 4mp images using this system-  gone to 20X24 without loss of quality)
and

2. How is this possible with an image of only 608 KB??? This question been
bugging me for years.

I don't usually crop so severely, but I may in the future.

Many thanks for your time- Roger