Subject: [Leica] Super Round-up Ride
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 22:36:18 +0100

Chris, I went in a variant of one of those many years ago in London at
Battersea. I found it too revealing.

You stood against the wall of the bowl shaped thing which whirled around
faster and faster until you were pinned to the wall, then the yoke lowered
its floor leaving you pinned like a butterfly to a collector's wall. Then,
as the machine slowed, gravity trumped centrifugal force, and you slid down
to the lowered floor.

How revealing is that, you may well ask?

Well unfortunately for the plus sized woman across from me, very, as her
clothing split apart at the seams as she slid down and her clothes stayed
up. For me too, it was too revealing, as, after a topsy turvy walk away from
the thing when it finished, I revealed my lunch to the passing denizens of
Battersea.

That was when I knew I'd never make the Irish space programme....

Douglas