Subject: [Leica] Minor additional woe
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 16:20:56 -0700

As soon as I installed the new firmware in my M, the ?info? button produced,
in additional to the standard information, an ominous message in red: ?Check
battery age?.

I called Leica tech support, my theory, in view of the expired firmware,
being that they sent me a camera that had been sitting a long time on the
shelf. But the tech guy said that the M (240) had not been in existence long
enough for a battery to elicit that message. (I wonder that what battery
characteristic the firmware is measuring). So he is fielding my complaint to
the marketing people and I await a phone call.

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204