Subject: [Leica] Thirteen reasons I don't miss the east coast
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:27:25 -0700

In ?Sky and Telescope??s most recent issue there?s an article on shooting
landscapes and starry skies. They gave a thumb rule I?ve never known:

The max exposure time is (500 / lens focal length in mm) to minimize star
trails.

So for a 50mm lens it?s (500 / 50) = 10 seconds.

It?s an interesting article with a follow up next month.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (Philip Forrest) ([Leica] Thirteen reasons I don't miss the east coast)