Subject: [Leica] OT Mac monitor question
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 16:32:03 -0400

She was lied to. Mac monitors do need calibrated. The built in software
has you calibrate by eye, rather than using a colorimeter. Very
inaccurate. iMacs are the only macs that come with a screen, but Apple
sells screens for Mac Pros and Mac Minis. These screens are designed to
look good watching movies and are not very good for graphics work;
professionals buy dedicated graphics monitors like NEC Spectraview (what I
have always used) and Eizo Coloredge. They?re expensive; more than most
spend on a computer, but worth it. These screens self-calibrate using a
colorimeter that comes with them.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 8/23/15, 4:26 PM, "LUG on behalf of Aram Langhans"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of