Subject: [Leica] OT Mac Display calibration
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:44:03 -0700

I have a Mac with an Eizo.
I profile the Mac using the Eye1 and the software that came with it.
I profile the Eizo using the Eye1 and the software that comes with the Eizo.

On the Mac I do the Eye1 calibration: you MUST be careful to set your
parameters (gamma, luminance, etc) correctly in the first screen. Many
online articles on this, but I think that Tim Grey does a decent job of
explaining everything.

Once calibrated with the Eye1, I print a standardized test print (these are
available for free online too). If you are not doing your own printing,
then send the standardized test print file to your printer. Compare the
print with your monitor. Most likely you will need to dim, through the main
Apple screen controls, your monitor a bit to match the print.

You're done...