Subject: [Leica] Baku teeth, tea, and a girl
From: narbutta17 at gmail.com (Matt Kollasch)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:25:59 +0500

When walking Sovetskaya district (where the houses are being razed) I came
across a common sight: men drinking tea. This group included the daughter
of one of the men. They offered me tea from the samovar set up on the
street amidst the rubble. I accepted and sat down for a bit of rest.

The Azeris often drink their tea with sugar in their teeth and grocery
stores have huge sections for individually wrapped candy. I was offered
some of that candy with my tea. In Azerbaijan you see a fair amount of
people with gold teeth, which I surmise is the result of the combination of
poor dental hygiene and this penchant for sweets. It may be getting better
because young adults seem to have better hygiene... and there are many
stomatology
(dental ) offices around the city.

The girl in this group of tea drinkers was playing with a magazine, as you
can see here:
http://www.kollarfoto.com/lug/2015/8/26/ds0eq7al8h0weho8yuusibupczmnzq

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Baku teeth, tea, and a girl)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Baku teeth, tea, and a girl)