Subject: [Leica] August 29th Apocalyptic Dysphoria; Pictures on your watch.
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 06:35:35 +0100

For me the problem with phones is the inconsiderate person calling. Very few
people, when phoning, ask ?am I interrupting something?? they just launch
into what is on their mind and just assume you are free to drop everything
and concentrate on them. I have always found it offensive and irritating,
more so now my memory is going, since going back to where I was before the
interruption is increasingly difficult.

I have always hated phones and used them only for emergencies and keeping up
with family. I do have a mobile phone but mainly use it for emergencies and
to aid meeting somebody when running a bit early or late.

On top of that I never remember what may have been agreed over the phone. An
email is a million times better for proper communication IMO, not only do I
have a record of what was asked and what I replied but if I haven?t got an
answer to hand I have time to check it out before replying.

I detest phones, mobiles are just even more inconsiderate.

Frank D.

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] August 29th Apocalyptic Dysphoria; Pictures on your watch.)
Reply from smithjeffery at mac.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] August 29th Apocalyptic Dysphoria; Pictures on your watch.)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] (SPAM: ?) Re: August 29th Apocalyptic Dysphoria; Pictures on your watch.)