Subject: [Leica] National Geographic
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 16:33:57 -0400

I?m off to the store. We don?t have nearly enough black crepe on hand here.
NGM and LIFE were the only periodicals my parents thought worth subscribing
to until I got Sky and Telescope for Christmas when I was 13.

Now I understand why so much of the NG Channel?s programming is
commercialized and sensationalized dreck. Drugs, Inc. Underworld, Inc.
Southern Justice. Wicked Tuna. Live Free or Die. It?s been beholden to Fox?s
desires for almost 20 years. Bad enough how far the magazine has strayed
from its roots as it is?where does it go from here?

?howard